Dot and bubble (pre thoughts and episode predictions)

Ive seen images elsewere on the Internet with this episode and im looking foward to it and im guessing by the trailer that this episode could be a bit of commentary on how we use social media and how were glued to it (hence the facetime style bubble around the woman) that we dont notice things we probably should notice

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: its giving new classic doctor who monster like the monster in ark in space :heart:

6 Likes

I love the futuristic, colourful production design! It looks so good! This looks like another weird episode, and I’m excited to watch it!

8 Likes

Ive also realised the colours remind me of wes anderson films :slightly_smiling_face: witch i also love

Note -wes anderson images not dr who :slightly_smiling_face: just useing theses as a reference :grinning: :wink:

8 Likes

Good catch! He has very aesthetically beautiful films, so that’s not s bad thing to be reminded of :smile:

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve been thinking of, I couldn’t place it

That constant lighting, the 80s outfits, vibrant colours, it’s 100% Dr Who does Wes Anderson

5 Likes

I love Wes Anderson.

5 Likes

After the abomination that is Wes Anderson’s version of Fantastic Mr Fox, I find I cannot agree with this Anderson appreciation. Sorry.

Dot and Bubble looks fun though.

That said, though, we seem to be having quite a lot of what we might call ‘oddball’ episodes in this series with nothing that’s really straightforward, run of the mill Doctor Who which, in a way is a bit unrepresentative when a whole new audience is coming via Disney+ and is going to think Doctor Who is all like this.

6 Likes

I will try to keep my expectations down, because this really, really looks like my kind of Doctor Who :+1:

8 Likes

Have a feeling it’s going to be a lite Ruby and Doctor episode.

2 Likes

my-personally-theory-on-the-identity-of-the-creatures-from-v0-yaic58i9an2d1

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/1d0mnwl/my_personally_theory_on_the_identity_of_the/

4 Likes

Which was what I thought too but bearing in mind Ncuti was barely in 73 Yards and Ruby was out of action for a sizeable chunk of Boom, it would seem a bit silly to have another story where the brand new leads have minimum screen time.

4 Likes

Seeing the trailer don’t see them in main story and only on screens, so would be easy for them to fill them parts at a later date. We should see more Ncuti doing it this way at least.

2 Likes

It’s bad enough Ncuti didn’t share any screen time with Sian Philips so I’m not sure just sticking him on a screen for an entire episode is going to light my fire if he isn’t directly interacting with the guest stars again!

7 Likes

Well, this one was shot in Block 1 together with 73 Yards, and that was the shooting block during which Ncuti was still shooting Sex Education, so it’s entirely possible that he won’t be in this one much.

6 Likes

The first thing i though of when I saw the trailer was tractator

Dot-and-Bubble-Gastronaut-Doctor-Who-600x337
images (4)
Tractator_(11028049444)
images (3)
download (2)

10 Likes

Another preview dropped

3 Likes

Does the ricki September thing remind anyone of love island intros :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: because it does me and i don’t watch love island but ive seen people make a joke about them on tik tok by doing there own ones

2 Likes

I predict a big Doctor speech about the perils of social media - smell a flower, watch a sunset and eat a well prepared meal!

I think Ncuti could make that:
download (5)

4 Likes