Don't forget Free Comic Book Day on Saturday!

Visit your local comic book shop to get a free copy of a new comic with 15!

A perfect opportunity to also shop the second collection for the upcoming Comic Club.

7 Likes

Do they just… hand them out?!

1 Like

Yes! That is the whole concept :grin:

4 Likes

Yup, the idea is to entice new people to get into comics. The big companies DC and Marvel do this ad well at regular intervals.

3 Likes

I worked in a comic shop for nearly 8 years.

Not all comic store will have FCBD issues in as they have to manually order them. They are not free to the store. Any that they have may go quick so its best to get there early. Also some may require you to buy a comic before you get a free one. Its worth asking before hand if they have any. The Diamond delivery is Tuesday so from Wednesday they will know for sure.

Hope that helps anyone.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to get this free comic today. And buy something else to support your local comic book store!

1 Like

I’m not driving a total of 270km for a free comic book :wink:

4 Likes

How remote in Denmark do you live?!?!

1 Like

I live in a “town” with a total of about 80 in a Western part of Jutland.

Oh my I did not know there was a store in Herning - and I lived there for the first 20 years of my life :joy:
That’s a whole lot better - I’ve only got about 45 km with basically a direct motorway :+1: Thought I had to go the one in Aarhus.

1 Like

I see. Sounds like a bit too far anyway. It is easier for me to just hop on the subway to central Stockholm :blush:

1 Like

One of my sisters live in Stockholm - perhaps I should get her to pick me up a copy :grin:

1 Like

Comics Heven in Gamla Stan :blush:

2 Likes

A fun intro start to the 15th adventure in the comics. It ends on a cliffhanger and is not that long. The art is not the best but it works. The main takeaway I have is that I am excited about next week.

Art from the first panel:

4 Likes

Just got mine.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the art style. I really like it and think it’s a step up from some of Titans other Doctor Who books.

It’s definitely stylised so I guess tastes will differ.

1 Like

My old boss is saving copies of all the FCBD releases. I’ll get mine in a few weeks when I pick up my monthly comics.

1 Like

It might be tainted by this fan comic I saw on Twitter a couple of months ago. To me, this is the perfect art style for the 15th.

https://x.com/stephenbyrne86/status/1747228202584457653?s=46

2 Likes

These have been free on the Kindle store in the past, can’t see it yet though? Will it be?

That’s some clean artwork.

Yeah that is gorgeous :+1:

What? Not even for Doctor Who? That’s blasphemy!

We have one comic book store here in Turku/Åbo where I am located - that’s life in the “big city” for you :smiley: that being said, I’ll probably try to get this one digitally, because that’s how I usually read my comics these days, and because I’m too lazy to hop on my bike and travel the 8 km downtown :joy:

2 Likes