Doctors and Daleks

Doctors and Daleks is a role playing running on D&D 5e. Has anyone here looked into it? Or even played it?
One of my players in my D&D campaign got me the Players Guide (just because he knew that it combined two of my favourite things. Yes he is the cutest!), but I haven’t had the time to really look into it. The overlap between my friends who play pen and paper and those who watch DW is sadly too small to actually play it.

I’d be really interested if anyone has looked into the Alien Archive and if yes how well the stat blocks into normal 5e. Are there stats for any Charakters or if it’s only for creatures in general?
In my campaign (High) Elves are basically time lords without the time travel. I am considering getting the book and refluffing the Aliens to monsters in case my players go to the Elven Kingdom again. But before I buy it I’d like to know whether that’s even possible. :laughing:

Has anyone done something similar before? As a DM taken storylines or characters from DW and adapted it in a campaign? Or as a player build a character that was inspired by a DW character?

7 Likes

I haven’t… but I picked up a humble bundle or two of pdfs of the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game also linked at their site at one point. Never really got around to looking at it, though.

7 Likes

I have all the PDFs for the Roleplaying game but have never really played it. my eldest is hugely into D&D but has never been particularly interested in Whoing it up with the 5e stuff.

7 Likes

It’s been on our DnD group’s list for a while, but we’ve not finished a story since release to give it a go.

6 Likes

The Doctor Who Roleplaying Game main source book is definitely fun to skim through…

10 Likes

It’s one of the reasons I have the Cyberpunk and Judge Dredd RPG books.

5 Likes

I have to admit, half the time I get rpg books, it’s more to look through them and read them then to ever play them…

7 Likes

Exactly the same here. The main reason I have so many 5e books is that I worked in a ‘nerd’/comic shop, and we sold all those random 5e modules. Some wild stuff comes out, although we always avoid the explicit ones.

7 Likes

I’ve looked it over, but yeah I think I’d rather play The Doctor Who Roleplaying Game over a 5e hack given it’s a dedicated system for that type of story

Am going to run a Torchwood game in FIST soon though which I’m looking forward to

4 Likes

Understandable. When picturing a DW pen and paper game 5e wouldn’t be the first thing that comes to mind, considering it being quite combat heavy. I guess they used it, because it’s more accessible. Accessible is probably not the right word, but people might be more willing to pick it up? I can see it on my own table, how some players aren’t willing to play something unless it’s D&D 5e.

That looks very interesting. :eyes:

4 Likes

Oh ye, I definitely think it’s a good think that it exists, just wouldn’t be the sort of game I’d play/run

There’s plenty of other systems out there I’d run Doctor Who (or related media) games in, but I don’t think 5e is one of them for me personally

4 Likes

holy crud-on-a-spud me and my bestie have been looking for a game like this for ages

6 Likes