Doctor Who moments that make you cringe

I love Doctor Who and all of its spinoffs but every now and then, there are those moments that make me cringe (farting slitheen being a big one). Admittedly it is part of the charm of Doctor Who and is a core part in the DNA of the show we all love.

Whether it be some hamfisted writing or a joke that makes you wince, a simple plot beat that rubs you up the wrong way. Maybe poorly dated moment from Classic Who perhaps? Or maybe it is just Russell T Davies wanting to call a companion Petrol.

Either way I want to hear the moments that make you cringe the hardest. Any medium counts!

This thread is not to be negative or critique the show in anyway, I just want to have a good laugh and go, yeah that was a pretty cringe moment.

19 Likes

Rose’s attempt to do a highlander accent in Tooth and Claw makes me wince!

I get that that’s the point, but when you’re a Scot who’s used to seeing your accent played for laughs on film and TV, you can’t help but cringe at every poor attempt, intentional or not!

19 Likes

Voodoo Child in The Sound of Drums, doesn’t work nearly as well as Toxic or even I Can’t Decide in the very next episode

14 Likes

Everytime the Simm Master spoke

16 Likes

That is valid, I’m not Scottish and that one did always make me wince too.

10 Likes

Woah, that’s a take but fair enough! He does make me cringe in End Of Time to be fair!

12 Likes

I’m also exaggerating a bit but in general he does make me cringe a lot :sob: Especially in End of Time

12 Likes

I don’t want to go

The Man who never would speech

All of The Rings of Akhaten

Every scene with Maestro

16 Likes

The previous episode: I don’t like guns :enraged_face:

The Doctor’s Daughter: :water_pistol:

11 Likes

I enjoyed Maestro! :star_struck:

10 Likes

“She’s my carer, she cares so I don’t have to”

I will never stop hating 12 saying this, and I also will never stop being unable to hear Nostalgia Critic in that line :sob:

11 Likes

“Sometimes I think we’re all your children”

Most of RTD2 is hard to stomach to me but there’s just something about this line in particular.

26 Likes

Nah that’s the funniest line in the history of the show (but not in any way it was meant to be)

12 Likes

OH MY GOSH I’M TRYING TO FORGET THAT :sob: :sob: (and failing)

13 Likes

I legit burst out laughing in the cinema at that

13 Likes

That and Mel’s “we meet again” what in the cartoon villain speech is going on!

21 Likes

A lot of Rose Temple’s dialogue makes me cringe a lot in RTD2 to be honest. It was far too on the nose, I’ll never get over “Male Presenting Timelord”

20 Likes

Yeah, I slid down my seat in the cinema at that one.

11 Likes

Actually can I just say all of Reality War for cringe….

18 Likes

Except 13 coming back :star_struck:

13 Likes