Doctor Who Board Games

Added a whole bunch of board games to the site!

Are there any more we need to add?

4 Likes

I believe there’s a version of Risk featuring the Daleks that could be of consideration! Of course, it’s not a game unique to Doctor Who, but framing it with the Daleks definitely is…

6 Likes

I’ve had this in a cupboard for years and years:

But never found anyone who wanted to play it with me!

There are also a million Top Trumps decks :eyes:

2 Likes

The thing with Top Trumps (and Doctor Who: Fluxx), is they aren’t a “story”.

So I’ll probably just add them as collectables so you can mark them as owned.

2 Likes

Absolutely fair. I actually have no idea if the above board game could count as a story or not, as it remains in its shrink wrapping!

2 Likes

Some of those probably don’t count either, it’s stretching the meaning, but Top Trumps definitely isn’t :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Flux sort of is as it is about combinations of story elements and characters and the rules changing as you play - very Doctor Who. You also can’t win if you have any villains in your hand.

1 Like

And yet…

/j

3 Likes

I forgot I added that :joy:

5 Likes

To be fair, the computer game version sort of has a storyline.

2 Likes

I have played this game - it’s definitely not a story, it’s just a quiz

3 Likes

We should add the expansion packs for Time of the Doctor (and possible Exterminate but there are a lot of those and they are just packs of figures for different monsters and the like).

Definitely need to add Dalek Risk. There’s also two Matt Smith games I have.

4 Likes

Doctor Who Fluxx is exactly the sort of thing I should have, since I own decks for several versions of Fluxx… but it came out after I wasn’t really playing Fluxx any more, mostly due to not really getting together with the main people I played with any more.

3 Likes

Please do add them!

1 Like

I picked up this game just last week!! I can definitely second that it’s not a story in the slightest, but it is a fun game of testing your knowledge in a format thats basically snakes and ladders. With the rules as written in the instructions it does have a high luck factor as if you roll high but get the questions wrong you could still do better than someone who rolls low but gets them right. However it was easy to adjust the rules to only move when you get the questions right which made it much more rewarding. Also my enjoyment is added to immensely by the DVD because of my nostalgia for that era around 2010 where DVD and interactive TV content was all the rage

1 Like

Love this, thank you. And maybe the luck factor would encourage non-fans in my life to play, given that getting the answers right isn’t necessary to win!

1 Like

Looking at the games that have been added as stories on the site, and all the ones I have played are definitely not story-based.

2 Likes

For example?

There are a few board games included in the oldest annuals that are very similar in gameplay and level of “story” to the “Dodge the Daleks” game already added. The ones I know of are:

1. “Dodge the Dalek” from The Dalek Book (the 1964 Dalek annual)
2. “Journey Back to Earth” from The 1966 Doctor Who Annual
3. “Escape from Planet X” from The 1967 Doctor Who Annual

There are probably more but I haven’t read any annuals after the ones listed (other than the 1965 and 1966 Dalek annuals which feature no board games).