Connections

Can you identify what links each group?

1. Aridius, Marinus, Spiridon, Skaro and Oseidon

2. Harry Sullivan, Krans, Jules Faure, Professor Lazarus and a German soldier.

3. Lulubelle, Alfie, Benton and Melody.

4. Lady Thaw, Nurse Crane, Najia Khan, Rosemary Kizlet, Crayola and Max.

Post your guesses below and I’ll reveal the answers when someone identifies all four correctly.

Good luck! :smiley:

1 Like
  1. Planets created by Terry Nation

2. Characters played by writers

3. Babies (or characters who have appeared as babies at some point)

4. Mothers (This is the one I’m least confident on)

Edit: figured out how to spoiler for anyone who wants to guess blindly

2 Likes

Yeah - that’s probably a good idea.

Still not saying if you’re right though :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know most of these so I’ll sit this one out.

What phantasmagoria is this? What is the point of this exercise? Why should we waste our valuable time on it? Are we being used as test subjects? Will answering yield the desired effects? What is our reward? I require an answer! Answer me or YOU WILL BE EX-TER-MI-NA-TED!

Yeah, I have nothing to say, so I’ll just go now.

2 Likes
  1. Planets
  2. People
  3. Smaller people
  4. Yet more people
4 Likes

It’s like you’re not even trying.

Although admittedly, number 4 is going to be hard for non-UK members.

1 Like

I agree with @hasrock36 for 1-3

4. Played by actors who were on Coronation Street

1 Like

I’ve never seen this show but through process of elimination I’m pretty sure #4 is Dinnerladies.

I agree with @hasrock36 on all the others, so I don’t feel like I deserve to win this.

2 Likes

I take it by @deltaandthebannermen 's silence that it isn’t solved yet.

I invite others to take another stab! My #4 is right though!!

I’m waiting for someone to identify all 4 correctly.

There are correct answers in the thread but not from one single person :wink:

1 Like

Okay, well it’s been nearly 24 hours and not many have bitten so well done to @hasrock36 who got 3 out of the 4 and @shauny who got 1 (with a heavy bit of hinting).

1. Planets created by Terry Nation.

2. Writers who have appeared in acting roles: Ian Marter, Glyn Jones, Victor Pemberton, Mark Gatiss and Toby Whithouse.

3. Babies

4. Cast members of the Victoria Wood sitcom, dinnerladies - Thelma Barlow, Anne Reid, Shobna Gulati, Celia Imrie, Duncan Preston and Andrew Dunn.

Crayola is the alien in the Doctor Who spoof written by Victoria Wood, voiced by Duncan Preston and Max is a character in Scream of the Shalka voiced by Andrew Dunn.

4 Likes

For the planets, Aridius appears in The Chase, Marinus in Keys of Marinus, Spiridon in Planet of the Daleks, Skaro in The Daleks (and others), but where does Oseidon appear?

Oseidon is the Kraal planet mocked up to look like Earth in The Android Invasion.

2 Likes