Comic recommendations?

Doesn’t matter which doctor!

2 Likes

I must say that I am surprised about the quality of The Tenth Doctor’s Titan run. I have read the first two trades now and they have been really good.

5 Likes

The DWM comics that are collected by Panini are usually good. Titan usually has good stuff too.

3 Likes

The first Fourth Doctor collection (The Iron Legion) is good. The last two Eighth Doctor collections (Oblivion and The Flood) are good. The Ninth Doctor collection from DWM/Panini (The Cruel Sea) and the four-volume Ninth Doctor run from Titan are quite enjoyable. The Tenth Doctor run from Titan is very good but kind of ends on an unresolved cliffhanger (but don’t let that stop you from reading it). Titan’s Thirteenth Doctor run is good, but the numbering gets a bit screwy after Volume 3 (Covid did a number on the publishing industry). Hope that helps give you a starting point.

5 Likes

Staying on the Titan lane, I’d recommend the Eleventh Doctor run and the Third Doctor miniseries, which are also great.

4 Likes

I recently read Fourth Doctor: Gaze of the Medusa, it was a great story with brilliant artwork.

4 Likes

Definitely the DWM comics - the 8th Doctor run from Endgame is excellent especialy if you go all the way up to The Flood, which is phenomenal.

3 Likes

I really loved 13’s DWM run! If you’re picking up trade paperbacks, I definitely recommend Mistress of Chaos, which collects her first 4 stories which form a sort of arc and the last of which is probably my favorite of her run.

2 Likes