The Tenth Doctor, Gabby, and Cindy have their work cut out for them when they encounter a lost spaceship… whose crew is being absorbed by mysterious, ghostly creatures! But everything is not as it seems, especially when disturbing facts about the crew come to light!
The Ghost Ship
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
0voters
The Steampunk Conundrum
The Eleventh Doctor and Alice visit 19th Century San Francisco, but there’s just one problem – it’s full of robots! Do the automata come in peace, or does their displacement in time signal something sinister?
The Steampunk Conundrum
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
0voters
Tulpa
Summoned by Kate Stewart, the Doctor and Bill head to London only to find it in the middle of a phase-shift. The pair are attacked by a giant flying beast but are saved by Kate and UNIT who blow the creature up.
Tulpa
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
0voters
The Road To…
The story, told through three separate narratives, depicts the Doctor’s encounter with the same mysterious portal with a hand reaching out of it in their Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth incarnations, preluding the Thirteenth Doctor’s encounter with it in A New Beginning.
A simple story with Ten and his comic companions. I don’t think they did a good job with the portraits of any of them. The story was kind of forgettable and the area was bad.
11th Doctor
The story and characters were a bit better, but it felt like they wanted to do a too-long story for the number of pages they got.
12th Doctor
Read this a while after the other two. Didn’t really like it. It felt messy, and I was mostly confused (I might have been tired).
Overall, the stories are alright, but they didn’t leave much of an impression on me. Tulpa was the exception, though: I quite liked that one. Once again showing my hand in being a simp for stories with metatextual tones, and I like its extradimensional take on a muse/creator relationship.
These are fine for what they are. I like elevens story, tens doesn’t really have too much to it, I like twelves a lot! And the last ones just a prelude to the first issue of thirteens run. Cool concept but not much is done with it
I thought the stories were okay, but other than the story with the hand teasing a future installment, I didn’t really get why this was “The Road to the Thirteenth Doctor.” I know this anthology was published earlier in the character’s history, but I felt like I didn’t really understand what this anthology was trying to do other than clear out ideas they had hanging around with other modern Doctors.
I found Eleven and Twelve’s stories the most engaging, not great but still fun. And the imagery of the hand reaching out that ties it all together was probably my favorite bit.