Comic Club: DWM 11: War of the Words

For 47.63 years the Vromyx and the Garynth have been at war for possession of the super-weapon data thought to be contained on the library planet Biblios. Because of the ferocity of the war, no one has visited Biblios for years, that is until the Fourth Doctor and K9 arrive on the planet.
This was first published in Doctor Who – A Marvel Monthly #51

Rate and review below:

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
1 Like

I’ve always had fond memories of this story. I love the robots stuck in the middle of a war that is the result of two alien races who don’t want to believe the thing they’re fighting for doesn’t exist. I love the ‘This is Your Life!’ reference. The Doctor’s ploy is silly but fun (love the frame of all the alien spaceships just giving up and going home).

One of my favourite early 4 comic strips.

6 Likes

I like this one a lot. It’s very short so it isn’t ’t be the most memorable from the 4th Doctor run at the strips, but it1s funny and sweet. Enjoyable.

6 Likes

Yeah, this one’s fine. Not particularly original, but I do like me some robots and libraries. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

An alright one but idk I feel like I could feel the decline of the range at this point just for the 4th doctor comics

3 Likes

This was a fun short one. Felt a bit like a more mature DWA comic. I liked it.

4 Likes

I love a good pun, and this story gives me that with its fun title!

War of the Words is short, colourful and inventive; a neat little comic strip that knows exactly how to make eight pages count.

8/10 = Very Good

3 Likes