Comic Club: D13: Alternating Current

It picked up directly from where A Little Help from My Friends left off, with the Doctor and Team TARDIS having to deal with an alternate timeline caused by the events of the aforementioned story, in which the Sea Devils have now ruled over Earth for over a century. The Tenth Doctor returned once again, as well as an alternate version of Rose Tyler.

Rate and review below:

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters

This was fine. I liked the alternative world with Rose and her family, but the story was not as strong as the last one. It is a bit strange that they made two crossovers in a row…

3 Likes

I found this story a little mediocre. I wish the paradox had been defined a little better, and I felt I didn’t really understand all the ramifications of what was going on. Perhaps if I was a bigger fan of the two incarnations featured I would have enjoyed it more, but it seemed a little overly “dartboard” as we sometimes say around here.

3 Likes

I was able to get a fair bit of enjoyment out of this as a Thirteenth Doctor fan, but there’s not much else going for it. Mostly Empire of the Wolf set up really.

2 Likes

Both of them are Timepetals specials​:sob:

2 Likes

I agree about the defining of the paradox. Overall I thought it was alright. I did like the alternate Tyler’s though.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I found this fairly average and not super memorable. As has been said, I liked seeing the Tyler’s, but I don’t think Ten was necessary inclusion. I also did like seeing the Sea Devils again, as I actually quite liked their design here.

2 Likes