'Cat's Cradle' Trilogy REVIEWED!

Three more ‘Virgin New Adventures’ reviews are available to read, and they just so happen to be the ‘Cat’s Cradle’ titles.

A missfire from Marc Platt; an excellent Cyberpunk outing; and an exercise in missed potential.

‘Time’s Crucible’

‘Warhead’

‘Witch Mark’

1 Like

We are discussing these in the Book Club starting next month if I remember correctly!

3 Likes

I think I might be the only person on the planet who thinks Time’s Crucible is actually pretty decent. I’d actually go so far as to call it my favourite from the trilogy (since Warhead did nothing for me).

4 Likes

It genuinely just gave me such a headache reading it. Personally, I think I would have enjoyed it more had it focused entirely on the Ancient Gallifrey backdrop.

The stuff with the Chronauts had my head spinning.

2 Likes

I’m the same. I loved how bold and weird Time’s Crucible was. Warhead was fine, but I kept expecting it to be more complex

4 Likes

ive been making my way through this one and im really enjoying it as well!! i do think it can drag in places but its got some really compelling concepts and im enjoying what they do with the doctor here. and i loved the opening scenes

4 Likes