BSky Monthly Story Challenge

Tom N on Bluesky is hosting this “monthly story challenge”. You watched/listen to/read, a DW story that matches the prompt of the month and then post about it on Bluesky (Or perhaps in this thread if you don’t have Bsky? :thinking:)

I think this will be fun to have something to do and discuss while there’s no new TV who this year (well not until Christmas).

This months prompt is “A companions first story”

8 Likes

This seems fun! Ive posted to it already because the chase counts as Steven’s intro and I didn’t realise haha

5 Likes

Oh, I’m in the middle of The Curse of Davros already, so we’re off to a good start! (Don’t tell me it should be The Crimes of Thomas Brewster…)

6 Likes

I’ve got The Red Lady up next, so that’s pretty easy for me. I’ve heard great things, so I’m hoping I’ll have something interesting to say on it

5 Likes

Ooh, I’m not on Bluesky but this seems fun!

Hmm, I’ve got Clara’s era coming up in my watch, but I’ve already done Asylum of the Daleks which I guess is technically her first episode, so that maybe doesn’t count.

This might be my cue to finally start my Titan Comics adventure and meet Gabby… :eyes:

9 Likes
4 Likes

I came to the site to look at this tag and then decided to post about this on the Forum… and then I completely forgot to look at the tag…

I think I’m gonna watched the face of evil, which was my first thought anyway for unknown reasons.

3 Likes

Read The Shape Shifter last night which is Frobisher’s introduction. It wasn’t anything outstanding, but it was fun and the art was quite good.

2 Likes

I have read Revolutions of Terror! I was initially skeptical about fitting in another companion post-Donna, but I’m already a fan of Gabby.

4 Likes

I listened to The Red Lady

  • Genuinely bloody terrifying
  • Helen makes an excellent first impression
  • Probably 8’s best story since Scherzo
7 Likes

I bought and listened to The Perpetual Bond for the challenge, since I’ve heard a bit about Oliver from the companion tournaments on Tumblr, but only the basics. I really enjoyed it! Tempted to get the 2nd part now, but I’ll wait for the February challenge to see if it lines up first.

4 Likes

Oh I forgot about this. I realised my next comic for Comic Club, Official Secrets introduced Tara so that’s my contribution.

5 Likes

It looks like the February challenge is “a story with a historical celebrity”:

Not sure what to go for yet, but we’ll see how the month progresses!

2 Likes

There’s a trope for that..

7 Likes

I started reading Ghosts of India for the Book Club without looking at the tropes… but Gandhi just showed up, so I guess that’s a box checked for the month!

8 Likes

Funny how things line up because my next episode is let’s kill hitler LMAO.

Might reread the slave war though because it’s peak (and Spartacus shows up)

7 Likes

13th doctor adventures story is on there, maybe this will be the push I need to finally listen to those audios!

1 Like

Wouldn’t blame people for forgetting but the march ones up now! Female writer or director for this one.

6 Likes

clicking one by one through the next-up stories in my tracker looking for one to check the box, and realizing just how male-dominated these all are

5 Likes

Oh this would be fairly difficult with Doctor Who TV, but I definitely have a Rachel Talaley coming up (Dark Water / Death in Heaven)

It’s fairly easy with Big Finish though. In fact I already completed it with my repeat of a 11D&V story.

5 Likes