Book Club: Strange England

Time for another VNA! This week we’re reading Strange England by Simon Messingham.

Please discuss below - no need to finish it first, discuss as you go along but please add spoiler tags!

If you’ve previously read the book and want to join in the discussion, that’s great too!

Participating in the Book Club will earn you a badge :medal_sports:

Just for fun, add your rating here:

Select your rating (out of 10):
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
1 Like

Don’t think I can rank this one. I remember it as being not highly thought of, and I feel like that was my take as well. Seems like it had some interesting ideas and maybe too much of a horror element for my liking.

1 Like

This was a book I felt really drew comparison to the recent Conundrum but wasnt as good. As it went on it went less mystery and more action/body horror which isnt so much my vibe.

I also think it fumbles its mystery by having some of the few clues contradict the awnsers, and the philosophy at the end failed to construct both a sensable or pleasant worldview.

It wasn’t all bad, and started pretty strong. But still a 3/5. As always full review with much more detail here

2 Likes