Book Club Extra: Time Lapse

Welcome to Book Club Extra, we’re currently reading Fifteen Doctors, 15 Stories.

This week we’re reading Time Lapse by Naomi Alderman.

Please discuss below - no need to finish it first, discuss as you go along but please add spoiler tags for anything that could be considered a spoiler!

If you’ve previously read the book and want to join in the discussion, that’s great too!

Participating in the Book Club will earn you a badge :medal_sports:

Just for fun, add your rating here:

Select your rating (out of 10):
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
1 Like

This story frustrates me.

Well, in the sense that I bought 11 Doctors, 11 Stories and then I bought the slipcase 12 Doctors, 12 Stories, 12 Postcards, and I’m not buying any more x Doctors, x Stories releases.

I feel so incomplete.

4 Likes

This one had such an interesting idea, the Doctor and the Fam realize everyone is missing an entire year from their memories and investigate only to learn it’s all because of a creepy Time Agent who is in love with a woman he met and cannot handle rejection. I tried to like this one because of the mystery and the fun creatures but honestly the Time Agent was far too creepy for me.

3 Likes

And here’s where my copy ends, will probably do the next two on audiobook and feel very weird ticking them off as read

yeah that guys a creep, I would also reject him. The idea of everyone forgetting 2004 specifically though was funny. I liked the story mostly but yeah i wouldn’t even be his friend after that.

2 Likes

Good prose and good story overall, but, yeah, this Time Agent is a creep (the kind of ‘hopeless romantic’ that quickly becomes far less innocent - like, what funny poses are you talking about? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)