Bill Filer's Mission Reports

I would like to give writing reviews a go, so I thought I would make a topic where I can link to the reviews when they are ready to go.
I have never written a review before, so it might take a couple before I find my feet.
Give them a read if you feel like it, and feel free to comment here if you have suggestions on how I can become better - or if you need to vent at me for releasing my “wrong” opinions for the world to see :sunglasses:

13 Likes
6 Likes

I like the format you’re using, it reads well to me! And I also fully agree with what you said - yes, the cavemen don’t stand up to An Unearthly Child, but really not a lot could, and it’s not as terrible as some claim

6 Likes

Nice review! :blush:

4 Likes

A great review - don’t be so modest :slight_smile:

I still disagree with almost everyone about the caveman stuff. It’s definitely more than grunts and parts of their dialogue are almost poetic.

I was just watching @ChrisStokes video review of the first story and he highlights a crucial scene - the one where the Doctor solves the murder of the Old Woman by drawing the attention to the knives carried by Za and Kal. Kal’s response of ‘it is a bad knife’ and the way Jeremy Young delivers it really shows how these episodes need wider recognition.

7 Likes

I agree with the others - this was a great review, short and sweet but you got the point across :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words folks :1tardis:
Next mission report ready to be filed.
A story that means a great deal to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was a beautiful review, thank you for sharing it!

1 Like

Great review - I too loved The Power of the Doctor. I’m so glad the BBC asked Chibnall to do a BBC centenary episode.

2 Likes

I love the way stories sometimes just gets intertwined with your life, stories becomes more than the sum of their parts.

Sooo true, sometimes stories just hit. And Power was wonderful - it was a perfect celebration of everything DW is.

3 Likes

To quote Monty Python: “And now for something completely different”

2 Likes

I am getting more and more interested and scared by this book.

3 Likes

Luckily this book isn’t too far away in our Book Club, I’m excited to read your review after I’ve read it!

2 Likes

Yup just about 5 and a half month away :wink:
I had to get my thoughts about it down now so I don’t have to read this book again :grin:
I’ll link to it then if I remember to do it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes