Which one???
Dismemberment, the first of the Missy Chronicles, apparently.
Wait I read Missy Chronicles
But I couldn’t remember that one
The Hartnell Doctor only having one heart.
He just had a serious cardiac condition that resulted in frequent partial heart failure. ![]()
(insert terrible pun about Heartnell)
![]()
I don’t know how I forgot something like this
Actually, that’s a bit of a forgotten plot thing. What the hell happened to that kid? Did he find his way back to his parents, which how do you say “your kid was dead, but now he’s not, several years later and somehow the same age?”
Wasn’t Orson supposed to be some pioneer of time travel though? I feel like him not existing would throw the entire timeline into disorder
I’m sure someone else would have taken his place in the project. He was basically the time equivalent of an astronaut (chrononaut?) so the guy sent on the time-travel mission, not the one who built the machine. So presumably that event would have just had a different guy.
I like the theory that Ian was exhausted after going through all of An Unearthly Child, followed by all of The Daleks, and just wasn’t checking for more than “yep, that’s a pulse”
If you find one pulse, why would you go looking for another one? I think that’s a far more convincing theory than the “one heart until they regenerate” one which has done the rounds for so long it’s even quoted verbatim in “Time in Office”.
But Doctor Who had already regenerated into the Hartnell Doctor… ![]()
Also, Susan came up with the name TARDIS???
So you’re telling me Guy Crayford never once took off the eyepatch? He never turned his head in the right way that some light got behind it? Did he shower with the thing on? One does not simply not know they can see out of an eye, and no, some passing mention of a little brainwashing is not going to cut it.
“I made up the name TARDIS from the initials” I’ve always taken to mean “Time And Relative Dimension In Space” was always there, but maybe wasn’t commonly referred to as “TARDIS,” maybe “time capsule” or just calling it a ship like the Doctor frequently does, or something. Perhaps the name just caught on later through independent people going “hey, TARDIS could be an acronym for the thing.”
Precisely! So that convoluted theory doesn’t work, but the Occam’s Razor of “Oh, yeah, he’s got a pulse” does!
Susan, young and untrained in the knowledge of Time Lords: Grandfather, I thought of a name we can use for our ship!
Doctor: doesn’t have the heart to tell his granddaughter everyone already calls it that
You know what, I like that.
Gallifreyan was the same as English it seems. Another plothole! ![]()
Mentioned this before but: (Torchwood s3 spoilers, Series 8 finale spoilers):
In Torchwood House of The Dead (and Disco by extension), we learn that the dead exist in another realm, and are with each other. They can also hear what is happening around their dead bodies.
But contrast this to Dark Water/Death in Heaven- which spans the entirety of Earths history, whereas in House of The Dead, that seems to be a more natural domain than the Nethersphere.
Another one, albeit more minor: in House of The Dead, Jack confesses to not attending Ianto’s funeral. In the magazine comic Shrouded, Jack does attend in one of the panels.
Likewise if the Nethersphere encompasses all of time, everyone at once, how does it have any kind of possible “end”? When the Nethersphere resurrected everyone what about the people who died in the future, and were still alive/yet to die/yet to be born? It’s a bit trippy but I’d love an explanation or it being explored in The Worlds of Doctor Who range.