Big Finish Vortex Releases

#183 released today.

2 Likes

Upcoming release schedule.

2 Likes

Cool!

But oh dear, my Kingdom for actual release dates!!!

2 Likes

They usually drop release dates on Twitter about halfway through the prior month. Very fair IMO as they’ve been burned on having things announced for a specific day and then it leaking or having production issues.

1 Like

Yeah, I just really dislike using Twitter, wish they’d publish the dates somewhere else, even if it’s at the same time.

2 Likes

This person on reddit helpfully collates all Big Finish news from a given week in one place, including release dates:

https://www.reddit.com/user/SirAlexH/submitted/?feedViewType=cardView

Apparently the next Dark Gallifrey is meant to drop this week

3 Likes

That’s a great resource.

Just a shame it’s on Reddit :unamused:

My tolerance for social media sites is really dropping all the time as they make the experience worse and worse.

4 Likes

The campaign for Old Fashioned Forums starts here!

5 Likes
2 Likes

I tried this on another forum and there was precisely zero interest, but here goes…

Is anyone else here in the position I’m in? Lots of big gaps in my Vortex collection when I couldn’t afford Big Finish and then lots of duplicate copies from times when I had a bit more spare cash. Would anyone be interested in a swap shop to help fill those gaps?

1 Like

I’d offer to send you some, but sadly I don’t have any. If some others want to take part, I don’t mind helping out with co-ordination.

1 Like
2 Likes

Honestly I wish they didn’t bundle these with every release, because for me it’s straight in the recycling every time.

I read through last month’s when it came out though for the Goth Opera section, which has had me more excited than ever. Less excited for Operation: Werewolf than I preciously was though, now knowing they weren’t able to track down the episode 1 script.

I’ve looked through this month’s too now, the new Sirens of Time cover art is nice, a really well executed TVM-era 7. The mail section is so insubstantial though.

3 Likes