Big Finish Release Schedule

Ooh didn’t notice at first glance but that’s a new type of Dalek designed in the Time War, here’s a post from the designer:

12 Likes

Some sort of Dalek Energy Octopus? Looks really cool :grin:

9 Likes


Love this from the comments XD

16 Likes

This is actually Wednesday 25th.

3 Likes

Story details for October’s Eighth Doctor boxset: Reflections of Who  - News - Big Finish

6 Likes

Dark Gallifrey: The War Master Part 3 is released today.

:tardis: Here is a link to it on the TardisGuide.

13 Likes

Oh no this series is coming out too fast. I can’t keep up at this rate…

10 Likes

Next release is April '25, so plenty of time to catch up.

9 Likes

I certainly hope so. But I find this series too difficult to follow. Not that it’s badly written but rather difficult like a lecture on an unfamiliar topic. So I have to listen to each part for at least two or three times. Like how I did for the first eight series of Gallifrey.

Oh but they definitely worth the time.

13 Likes

The November, Seventh Doctor Adventures release has a title, cover and story description.

The Seventh Doctor Adventures: The Doctor and Carnacki

Story summary

Ghost finder Thomas Carnacki deals with many uncanny mysteries that defy explanation. But throughout his life, a stranger keeps appearing.

Whether he is an ally or a rival remains to be seen, but one thing is certain. When the Doctor and Carnacki cross paths, death and danger are always close…

The Haunter of the Shore by AK Benedict
1897. Young Carnacki investigates a case at Edgemere Manor where the skeletons of tourists are left on the shore of the lake. Carnacki must discard everything he knows when he discovers that the estate’s hermit is the Doctor, and that time is being manipulated by an unseen force.

The Doctor and Carnacki must work together if the mystery of Edgemere Manor is to be solved, the house saved, and the haunted residents find peace.

The House by Georgia Cook
Awoken in the dead of night to assist his distraught friend Arkright, Carnacki finds himself unexpectedly thrust into a long-buried mystery from his childhood, and face-to-face with a man he hasn’t seen in years: the Doctor.

But what is ‘The House’? Why does everything Arkright touch transform into the same rotting furnishings and wallpaper? Can a man really be haunted by a building?

The Institute of Forgotten Souls by Jonathan Barnes
In the heart of England in 1936 there lies a home for wounded men. It is a strange, shadowed place, full of secrets.

Terrible beasts prowl the grounds, as if guarding something dreadful. Inmates are disappearing, picked off one by one, while a singular resident – a certain, now retired ghost finder – bravely staves off the darkness.

Yet tonight is the night when it’s all going to end. For tonight is the night when the Doctor comes to call…

13 Likes

Hang on, what is this? A Big Finish Seventh Doctor story that doesn’t look bad at all … in fact, it looks amazing. I’ll go further - I’ve just preordered it.

In all seriousness, Sylvester is a favourite of mine and it hasn’t been enjoyable seeing his Doctor so badly served of late. I really, really hope this is the beginning of a new era for him.

I was going to be ‘clever’ and point out that it looks like Dan Starkey on the cover before reading on the BF site … that it is. Great illustration from Rafe Wallbank.

How good it is to be given a reason the be enthused about The Seventh Doctor again.

12 Likes

Starkey has already played Carnacki for BF so this is intriguing. The character is also in Iris Wildthyme played by someone else and The Paternoster Gang has a character called Carnacki I assume is the same, but again played by a different actor.

9 Likes

I agree with @Napp that this looks promising. Sylvester has had a very disappointing run of stories as of late, so I hope this marks an improvement

I also noticed Starkey on the cover and got excited! Also, I’m not familiar with the character of Carnacki from before, but he sounds intriguing

6 Likes

I spontaneously just feel very much like reading some detective stories from this William Hope Hodgson guy, i don’t know why…

Didn’t know about this character at all! It seems I need to catch up on some more English detectives besides Sherlock Holmes, because this one looks really interesting.

Oh would you look at that, the Big Finish adaptations of the original work is on Spotify for free. Sounds like I have something new to obsess over this weekend!

6 Likes
7 Likes

Starkey? Where?
Starkey

10 Likes

I can strongly recommend the BF Carnacki adaptions. Very well read, and very good stories too - very creepy. With that in mind, The Doctor and Carnacki is really something to get excited about.

9 Likes

Apparently one of the other actors, Joe Jameson, will be reprising his role in this box set as well, but as a younger version of the character.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Haha! The fun thing is, I almost wrote, “I also noticed Starkey (the good one!)”, but decided against it. Now you stole my scrapped joke!

8 Likes