Best titles of any medium?

Having gone through rating the War Master audios I’ve listened to, and giving “The Master’s Dalek Plan” extra points for the title, I was wondering what are everyones favourite title for an episode or book or anything?

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of the double meaning of The Woman Who Fell to Earth

5 Likes

I actually do quite like the title “The Greatest Show In the Galaxy”, which also had a double meaning, since a lot of what was going on was direct references to the trouble Doctor Who was going through at the time.

4 Likes

I like the two parters from series 9, particularly Heaven Sent / Hell Bent. Clever.

Also a great play on words and a story-specific (spoilerish so I won’t explain) reason is A Life in The Day (the audio. This is also the name of a short story but I have no idea if that’s as clever).

4 Likes

Speaking of double meanings, we have The Big Bang, which hardly needs explaining (Moffat himself admitted its double meaning).

I’m fond of Survival due to its symbolic nature: it’s the end of Doctor Who on TV, but the show still survives elsewhere.

The Deadly Assassin is both stupid and brilliantly fun because assassins are, by definition, deadly.

4 Likes

I quite like “Doctor Who and The Silurians” - clearly a mistake of some sort was made.
But there is absolutely zero chance that I won’t be calling it by that name until my terminal breath! :grin:

4 Likes

I believe the story on that one is they would label scripts “Doctor Who And” with the actual title following, but they sent someone new down to TV scheduling who was unaware of this so he gave the title as “Doctor Who and The Silurians” instead of just “The Silurians”

2 Likes

There’a an 8th Doctor comic called “A Life of Matter and Death” that’s quite nice

I also quite like the whole “Hornet’s Nest/Demon Quest/Serpent Crest” thing from the Nest Cottage Chronicles, also “Tsar Wars”

4 Likes

“Tsar Wars” is an amazing name :grin:

Also quite like “Horror of Glam Rock”

5 Likes

Much as I love Delta and the Bannermen for it’s play on Echo and the Bunnymen, I still wish they’d called it Flight of the Chimeron.

2 Likes