Audio Club Extra: The Eleventh Doctor Chronicles - Victory of the Doctor

It’s time to listen to and discuss Victory of the Doctor

Buy it online using the link above.

Once you’ve listened, talk about it below! Even if you listened to it before and just want to discuss it - dive right in! Just please use spoiler tags where appropriate.

Everyone who participates will get a coveted Audio Club badge! :medal_military:

Just for fun, add your rating here:

Select your rating (out of 10):
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
1 Like

7 Likes

A happy-ish ending? In my Eleventh Doctor series? Surely not….

This was such a satisfying conclusion to one of the best Doctor Who series out there, it still packs that emotional punch, and Eleven, Valarie and the Daleks are all at their absolute best, 9/10

I also really appreciated the One Piece reference that Ingar managed to get in with Valarie’s middle name

8 Likes

Victory of the Doctor: 8/10

A grand, complex finale that blends cosmic stakes with deeply personal moments; Victory of the Doctor delivers time loops, Dalek domination, and a daring master plan, even if the plotting occasionally becomes hard to follow. Its real triumph, however, lies in its emotional resolution; a beautiful wedding, a heartfelt goodbye, and a fitting end to Valarie’s journey alongside the Eleventh Doctor.

4 Likes

Do I understand what is happening most of the time? No!

Do I still enjoy the story? Yes.

A good ending to this amazing run. I also misremember the ending and thought that Valery would die, so it was a pleasant surprise that she did not :joy:

7 Likes

Yea hard same, I am wayyy too stupid for whatever the plot of this is but I do cry my eyes out at Roanna and Valarie every time bc I love them

6 Likes

Victory of the Doctor is an excellent finale to the Eleven & Valarie series. The last serial, The Last Stand of Miss Valarie Lockwood, tied up the dangling threads in the overall mystery for the series, while this serial tied up the threat from this box set. With my mind’s eye, I was able to picture the plot very easily, and the epic spectacle didn’t disappoint. It really played into the tropes of a series finale, and it lived up to them in an epic way that was above and beyond what had been presented here before. While I will miss the chemistry between Jacob Dudman, Safiyya Ingar and Mia Tomlinson, this story does send them out with a bang. While I wish we could get more of this series, what we have is brilliant, and it wouldn’t feel amiss in any marathon of the Eleventh Doctors run.

4.5/5

6 Likes

Aaand that’s a wrap on a genuinely wonderful series! I wish there was more… but at the same time, this was a very satisfying finale, tying up the season nicely and keeping me on the edge of my metaphorical seat. It was a pleasant surprise to discover that (at least this version of) Valarie did not have a tragic ending, even it was still full of emotional punch… more companions need a chance to voluntarily step away, while remaining on good terms with the Doctor, and go get therapy!

I’m delighted to say that Season 7V absolutely lived up to all the hype. Adore Valarie, the characterization of the Doctor was spot on, Ronna is lovely… and the acting just excellent all around. What an excellent series.

10 Likes

It was just really nice that after everything they’ve been through, they got to spend half of this last episode just torturing Daleks. Man, what a solid series!

5 Likes

My god that was insane i love this series.

Probably not hitting the emotional heights of the last one but idm that. Def gonna relisten to these. I just

AAAAAAAA

It reminds me of the big bang and the way it ends feels VERY storybook. Which is what s5 went for so that works.

I’m so glad I actually listened to these!!! ‘‘Twas peak

8 Likes