Audio Club Extra: Counter-Measures - Sins of the Fathers

It’s time to listen to and discuss Sins of the Fathers

Buy it online using the link above, or listen for free - you’ll find links where to listen free on the story page!

Once you’ve listened, talk about it below! Even if you listened to it before and just want to discuss it - dive right in! Just please use spoiler tags where appropriate.

Everyone who participates will get a coveted Audio Club badge! :medal_military:

Just for fun, add your rating here:

Select your rating (out of 10):
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
1 Like

Toby Kinsella SUCKS <3

I’ll be real this is not my favourite CM episode of all time - I think it is a good episode for Toby and also Rachel but I think it is a bit uneven and not so easy to follow and also Allison isn’t in it enough :(

6 Likes

WHY are Counter-Measures this good? How can they be?

Oh, it’s written by John Dorney… I see…

3 Likes

Another brilliant episode which turns its focus on to what some people call Sir Toby’s ‘pragmatism’. I like the fact we have a bit of expansion into the experiments from Manhunt and also Sir Toby’s personal history. Maybe the rest of the team don’t do very much but this is Sir Toby’s episode and I love it for that.

3 Likes

I enjoyed this. It wasn’t as good as Peshka, but it was an excellent season finale. Not much else to say.

One question though. Am I the only one thinking that it heavily implied that Sir toby was Ray’s father?

3 Likes

That’s in fact the implication there, yes

3 Likes

This is a good one for a relisten because you can catch bits of foreshadowing.

Ray is an interesting character, and I like the touch that his metabolism means he has to keep eating. Probably a wise move to make him the final antagonist over Emma, especially since we get the twist that he was Toby’s biological son just to twist the knife that bit more.

You know it’s bad when Rachel thinks it’s the right move going to Templeton. We’ll get fallout from this.

Also in the cast, Tom Price as the vicar.

4 Likes

A good ending to the second box. This is a realy good series. I wounder why it took me this long to get back to it.

5 Likes

I have now listen to the whole box today. Will take a break before I do the next one but it was fun!

4 Likes

I’m not joking when I’m trying tk get everyone into CM because it’s good :sob::sob:

6 Likes