Adding Quotes to the website

I considered using AI software to transcribe audios.

But I hear Big Finish really don’t want those on the Internet, so they will never be on TARDIS Guide :frowning:

11 Likes

Transcripts of some audios are technically findable, but I’m pretty sure Big Finish doesn’t want them out there.

For actual tv stories, the site does have transcripts, a lot of times, and when it doesn’t, you can always check where shauny gets them from…

http://www.chakoteya.net/index.html

That’s what I used for K9 quotes.

10 Likes

I keep meaning to add those K9 transcripts, I have them ready to go just haven’t found the time

7 Likes

I do have some that I access but for newer audios or more obscure ones it’s just hard to find them. To a degree I get them not wanting the scripts floating around but it would be nice to improve accessibility.

7 Likes

I absolutely agree. I think Big Finish should give them to you when you buy the audios. But I’m not Big Finish.

10 Likes

Nick talked about this on the podcast once — technically providing scripts is outside of Big Finish’s contract with the BBC, as their licence is purely for audio. As such the BBC won’t let them any more. The same annoying reason why the Short Trips book range had to be cancelled. :frowning:

13 Likes

Ah so it’s a legal thing. That makes me less annoyed with BF. Sounds like it’s not their fault.

12 Likes

I made a mistake when adding a quote. I copied it from the ebook and it had a text at the bottom about copyright that I did not see. Should I resubmit it or is there a way of editing it?

5 Likes

It’s fine I can edit it before I approve it :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks you :k9:

5 Likes