60+ Years of Doctor Who Anniversary Marathon

C. Baker 6th Review: Doctor Who and the Mines of Terror - Game

C. Baker 7th Review: Prisoners of Time ‘Endgame’ - Comic

1 Like

C. Baker 8th Review: The Ultimate Foe - Novelization

1 Like

But their prose… oh heavens, their prose.

I knew what was coming, and it still surprised me. Literally in the prologue:

These really weren’t targeted towards kids anymore!

4 Likes

C. Baker 9th Review: Temporal Logbook III ‘Changed Lives’ - Fan Work

Unfortunately the link I posted to the book no longer works. You will probably now have to buy a copy secondhand as this review was written over two years ago now.

2 Likes

C. Baker 10th Review: Project Twilight - Full Audio

C. Baker 11th Review: The Ultimate Adventure - Miscellaneous

1 Like

In fact Madame Delilah, the queen of the mercenaries, is the best character in the show full stop and it’s kind of sad that she never appears in anything else.

I am no longer her only fan in the world.

2 Likes

C. Baker 12th Review: Beyond the Ultimate Adventure - Spin-off

1 Like

This is such a fascinating story. I can’t imagine that people were clamouring for a sequel for The Ultimate Adventure, meaning that Uncle Terry must’ve had free reign to do whatever the hell he wanted. (That being to drag out old stalwarts like the Rutans and the Raston Warrior Robot. It’s in this story, right? /hj)

2 Likes

Yeah, and if I recall correctly this is the only story Terry ever wrote for Big Finish

1 Like

He also wrote the Sarah Jane Smith story, Comeback.

3 Likes

C. Baker 13th Review: The Man Who Wouldn’t Give Up - Short Story

1 Like

C. Baker Ranking: Sixth Doctor Recap

McCoy 1st Review: Dalek Attack - Game

I however hate platformers with a passion

Curious as to why, since this is one of my favourite genres. Is it because they can be difficuly?

1 Like

I don’t care for touch damage or the life system most platformers rely on. I also really dislike 2D platforming as it’s harder to gauge distance when jumping.

Finally, I want to able to punch/hit a bad guy in a game and not have to jump on them or shoot them from afar.

I much prefer RPGs, both turn base and action varieties. And if there has to be platforming I’d rather it be 3D.

3 Likes

That’s why I’m not the fondest of 3D platformers,[1] but I see your point.


  1. eventually, I’ll get past that damn Pokio ferris wheel in Darker Side… ↩︎

3 Likes

McCoy 2nd Review: Destiny of the Doctor ‘Shockwave’ - Short Audio

McCoy 3rd Review: Battlefield - TV story