4k steelbook release of the TV movie! -- 25 May 2026

@WhovianLife on Twitter came across a UK Amazon listing of a 4K re-release of the TV movie! No release date yet, but we got some artwork and details!

Tweet: https://x.com/i/status/2024293401672175786

Listing:

https://amzn.to/46iXFrZ



21 Likes

Any news on a U.S. release? This looks absolutely beautiful.

Edit: Nevermind! I didn’t notice you mentioned that there are no release details yet. My bad!

4 Likes

That image of Eight and the Bruce Master made me think of this:

4 Likes

“Restored from the original 35mm film” is good to see. My first thought when I saw this was some kind of horrid AI upscaling

9 Likes

Ooooh, very nice! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Slightly amusing to see Seven so prominent, given he’s barely in the film - put Daphne Ashbrook or Eric Roberts in the centre, it’s not like either are ever going to be on the cover of any other Doctor Who DVD releases!

I’m quibbling, this is a lovely design and a really welcome rerelease. Looking forward to seeing the new restoration and special features (hopefully this isn’t the only thing planned to celebrate the anniversary of the movie, although I imagine it probably is).

11 Likes

Link not working for me.

2 Likes

This link should work and I’ve updated the original

https://amzn.to/4rmHvGr

Ah weird it doesn’t work. Maybe cos it’s not live yet or something?

I have it on screen but can’t share it:

5 Likes

That is very cool, love the artwork. I only just bought the blu ray last year!

6 Likes

“The ‘uncensored’ UK version”

YES!! The scene where the Doctor’s accent slips and Paul’s Scouse accent comes out is finally being restored!

He’s about to tell the Master to go **** himself.

6 Likes

NICEEEEE

If it comes with a bluray then maybe this is finally my time to invest in a bluray player….

4 Likes

3 Likes

Anyway, how’s the DVD commentary gonna work? Is it gonna be slowed down, or will there be a separate version for the commentary?

3 Likes

Really cool that this is getting a 4K release. I bet it will look stunning

4 Likes

Never bought a steel book before but one of the TV Movie might just compel me! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Sorry everyone for the link not working! I got it from the Amazon mobile app and had to change my country location to see it in the first place. I hope @shauny was able to fix it for you all (also thank you Shauny!)

Also also don’t know if I tagged the right person in the initial post. I usually use the @ symbol to denote someone on a platform like Twitter and I guess I tagged someone with the same name here.

4 Likes

I own the special edition DVD of the movie, been wanting to upgrade to Blu ray (and upgrade to a region free player so I can watch that version), but will absolutely try to get this 4k release instead!

I hope it gets an international release…but who knows…

2 Likes

Lee Bindings art

https://www.instagram.com/p/DU7-M-YDDuf/

https://www.instagram.com/p/DU7-X7EDHk2/

Updated with more artwork.

4 Likes

Trailer for new edition! It really does look ao much better!

9 Likes

Brilllliant stuff

2 Likes