What's Made or Not Made Your Day?

The biggest knock I hear thrown at is “no flying sharks”, followed by “needs more satsumas” in a distant second.

6 Likes

Then, if you’re so inclined, you can tell us your thoughts in the Audio Club. :wink: Hope everything works out for you. Stay sane.

10 Likes

Humany. Wumany

5 Likes

Thank you. Yes that is a useful site.

7 Likes

Thank you. Also, TDTWATW is a perfectly fine Christmas episode. I enjoyed it.

8 Likes

You know what’s funny. I only have about 5 of the BF Monthly Range audios. Though I do have Sirens, I forgot that I just borrowed my friend’s for the rest of them. The other few I have were because he occasionally was sent a second copy.

So, I mooched listening to that whole range from him until I stopped. What I have is other ranges, Benny, Sarah Jane, Unbound, Companion Chronicles, stuff like that.

Would still take me years to get through them all.

8 Likes

The first 50 Main Range stories are on Spotify if you have that. Otherwise they’re quite cheap for download if you have the Big Finish app.

6 Likes

I watched music videos from the 80s. I didn’t remember the music video for ‘Sweet Dreams’ by the Eurythmics having all those cows in it. Very strange. Made me laugh out loud and made my day. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t mean to brag, but I played a perfect game of ladder golf today :sunglasses: Might have psychologically destroyed my nine year old son along the way, but in my defence the rules that came along with the game started with the sentence “this is not a gentleman sport”, so fair is fair :sunglasses:
(He then completely annihilated me in Mario Kart Wii afterwards :grin:)

11 Likes

So remember how I was in here a couple of days ago eagerly awaiting the Riot Fest lineup? Well, turns out, the big news this year is that the festival is moving out of the city and into the suburbs, making it basically inaccessible to affordable public transport options AND kicking out the women’s football team who up until this morning when the announcement was made, quite reasonably assumed they’d be playing in their stadium that weekend.

On top of that, the lineup is almost laughably bad compared to recent years, and they didn’t announce it until after they’d made these other announcements, leaving the entire experience an exercise in disappointment.

Thankfully, I hadn’t yet bought a ticket (many, MANY people had booked hotels and flights based on the original location) so realistically I’ve just saved myself a few hundred dollars, but it had become a real ritual for my birthday in September for the past couple of years, so it’s sad to lose it. I saw My Chemical Romance, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and many more smaller acts, all within the distance of a train. Very sad to lose that.

ON THE OTHER HAND
I got a surprise letter in the post this week telling me the conditions on my permanent residency have been removed; basically I got my Green Card and America is stuck with me for the forseeable future, which is a nice worry taken off.

10 Likes

The reason for my low mood today has been it’s been a bad day with the ME and I’ve been mostly in bed. There are still some things that need to be done though and struggling through to get them sorted hasn’t been fun. Loads have it worse than me and at least I am still able to get out of bed to do stuff, even if I struggle to do so some days. That’s a luxury many people don’t have.

7 Likes

But you could act like a gentleman anyway :wink:

Congratulations on the Green Card!

5 Likes

I’m nothing if not a stickler for the rules :grin::wink:

3 Likes

Hooray for us!!! :tada: :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

I feel a bit more ‘with it’ today, which is a good thing. Thanks for the kind words yesterday!

13 Likes

Good to hear. & thank you for letting us know.

We have a nice community here.

7 Likes

That is amazing. I hope that this feeling continues.

5 Likes

Well well well it looks as if the online library here in Denmark just added about 40-50 audiobooks :grin: Even a Doom’s Day one :thinking:

11 Likes

That is nice. This is the complete list of Doctor Who stuff in the Libary in Stockholm:

8 Likes

I would have guessed there would have been a bit more in a city of that size honestly. You don’t have some sort of online library service for all of Sweden?

3 Likes