What are you currently listening to? (Part 1)

I’ve started the First Doctor Adventures (even if I listened to the first box set ages ago, I didn’t remember it) and it is pretty good! I feel like I’m in a period where I love everything in the whoniverse, that’s so nice :sob:

10 Likes

About to start the Peladon boxset, I’ve missed boxsets!!!

6 Likes

Just wait for Council and Kingmaker!

8 Likes

Finished Renaissance and moved into Ascension. Once I’ve finished with that, it will be a Gallifrey hiatus for awhile.

5 Likes

Oooh Vortex Ice has just a bit timey wimey (and not a bit confusing) so I’m having to pay attention.

5 Likes

My first BF set was stranded!
Hope you enjoy

4 Likes

Finished the first 3 11 and Valarie stories
Really enjoying this duo
Dudman makes more for a convincing Matt Smith sound a like.
The stories themselves have all been really good
Looking forward to the rest

11 Likes

This is one of my BF favourites, a thread here

7 Likes

Didn’t even think to search for a thread, thanks!

6 Likes

Well, the workday stunk the stinky stank, but it was bookended by two enjoyable audios, the ride home being accompanied by An Ordinary Life. Got a couple of thoughts that might contain spoilers…

I really liked how the transition from Steven and Sara living that ordinary life to the introduction of the monsters/aliens was done. It could easily have been jarring, but for me it wasn’t. Also, to a large extent the creatures reminded me of the Chameleons from The Faceless Ones, so much so I started thinking about how they might plot it so The Doctor wouldn’t find about them. There were a few things that made this seem possible - the Doctor disappeared for a good chunk and then turned out to be sleeping, and the time period wasn’t too far off the Second Doctor story. Those things and the duplication aspect all made it feel like they could be pulling that king of thing.

7 Likes

Currently listening to The Stones of Venice

Pretty damn good, so far!

8 Likes

I’m entering the terrifying realm of Gallifrey Time War…

10 Likes

Carrying on with Planet Krynoid episode 2. Mostly so that I can jump into Fallen Heroes but even though there’s a slight sense of obligation I am actually really enjoying Planet Krynoid so far.

8 Likes

I just got jumpscared by Lisa Bowerman in Whispers of Terror…I thought it was Benny for a split second :sob:

9 Likes

Okay, so Vortex Ice left me thoroughly confused! I need a diagram to work out the timey-wimey shenanigans!

10 Likes

Archipelago from the 9DA. I didn’t understand what was going on the first time I listened to (half) of it, so I’m giving it another go.

I changed my mind. I’m listening to the fourth Jago and Litefoot set.

7 Likes

Finished Planet Krynoid, enjoyed that set quite a bit. Glad of the Eighth Doctor showing up but feel like it could have easily stood on its own without him.

5 Likes

Agreed, I really hope the next set is Doctor-less. I’ll never forget the timeline fears some of us had when DWM wrongly said he was travelling with Charley :sob: why they said that I’ll never know.

4 Likes

“Jago in Love” - I originally had this at three stars[1], but I’ve bumped it up to four. The plot didn’t take itself too seriously, which I always enjoy, but it wasn’t over the top either. Jago, Litefoot, and Leela played off each other well.

It’s interesting how, with Jago being in the theatre and Six being a theatre junkie, no stories were made with the two of them collaborating a la “Broadway Belongs to Me” or “DW and the Pirates”. Despite their similar interests, speech patterns, and dress sense, every time I listen to a Six/J&L audio it sounds like they just tolerate each other, with a slant towards “couldn’t care less”.


  1. I also listened to this years before TG was a thing, so I put three as a default since I knew I liked it, but not to what extent ↩︎

10 Likes

The audiobook I’m currently listening to (The Ring of Steel) is set in 2025, that makes me feel old now because it’s an 11th Doc story

9 Likes