TARDIS Guide Glitching

Wasn’t really sure where else to put this - hoping @shauny will notice it.

The actual TARDIS Guide page appears to be glitching out. Like I click on Doctor Who TV stories and apparently the only two that exist are Attack of the Cybermen and Masque of Mandragora?

Something similar happened with the Monthly Adventures.

Picked the Ninth Doctor range randomly and it said no stories exist.

2 Likes

I pointed it out in the staff chat a few minutes ago, actually, so hopefully.

Though the Legend of Ruby Sunday now seems to exist, too.

2 Likes

Ah, at least it’s not just me then.

The only two TV episodes and one of them is co-written by Ian Levine.

What nightmarish parallel world have I slipped into? :joy:

4 Likes

Seems like it’s more the filters than the whole thing. Click Stories->View All Stories, and they are there, but try to filter at all…

2 Likes

Only according to him…

Saward continues to outright deny it.

6 Likes

Let’s hope that @shauny is somewhere with a connection and not on a plane or in the TARDIS right now

8 Likes

A lot of that must’ve been going around, since I was just listening to how much more of Celestial Toymaker was written by Brian Hayles then he’s been given credit for in interviews and such…

2 Likes

I posted the screenshots in the TARDIS Guide Discord too. Shauny responded saying he’s looking into it

3 Likes
3 Likes

The index of stories was broken somehow, no data is lost, it’s currently reindexing so should hopefully be back up soon.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have switched to the TRIAD system… :thinking:

(I wish I could say this was some kind of promotional stunt for the TV show and those remaining stories had a connection…)

11 Likes

I can’t wait for the Christmas special featuring the grand return of Lytton from ‘Attack of the Cybermen’ who has become the host of the Mandragora Helix.

7 Likes

Nice to have this error message.

4 Likes

Yeah, quickly put that up haha

5 Likes

As I UX designer I always love a good error message :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Trouble is, there are so many stories and so many users and filters now that it takes a long time to reindex… twiddling my thumbs and hoping nothing goes wrong and I have to do it again :laughing:

6 Likes

Speaking as someone who is not technologically minded in the slightest, I do not envy you of that job.

1 Like

Now imagine instead of a fun hobby website about a silly TV show, this was a multimillion pound eCommerce site with customers on the phone calling you while you try to fix it…

Yeah, that’s why I was happy to stop working on sites like that lol can’t handle the stress.

8 Likes

Think we may be back up…

:k9:

2 Likes

The good thing about working in the design part is that when something goes wrong, nobody needs me :joy:

4 Likes

It’s back. Let’s pretend this never happened…

5 Likes