New deliveries

They’re so pretty. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

They look nice! What is it?

3 Likes

They are Black Archive Books (from what I read at this point basically analysis of different episodes (I chose Rose and Pyramids of Mars as you can see (because one was numbered as 1 and because the other was like on my mind when I ordered))) @deltaandthebannermen has mentioned them a couple times and I kind of got interested in them because of it.

10 Likes

Sounds interesting. Have to look into them.

3 Likes

Of the ones I’ve read, they can be a bit hit and miss. I really enjoyed Simon Guerrier’s one on The Edge of Destruction and James Cooray Smith’s The Massacre is quite good. Didn’t enjoy the one on the Romans though and I’m struggling a bit with the one on Marco Polo. I think it does depend on the author and the angle they choose to take on the story.

8 Likes

Felt gutted when I missed out on the first run of the 14th Doctor’s sonic, so I bit on this version when it was announced because it looks better anyway.

A little bit smaller than I expected, the gold isn’t as strong a colour as I’d hoped and I don’t even like the 60th specials on the whole. I really am a Doctor Who fan in the truest sense. Miserable about everything and putting money down anyway!

I’d like to assemble a Fifth Doctor cosplay one day, and I think I might use this for that as a bit of personal creative licence. I’ll make it feel worth the £35 yet.

18 Likes

I love cosplays that use a different Doctor’s sonic! Just a small touch to make it your own a bit, and can look super cool.

Does the gold 14 sonic have the extra colors of the online exclusive version, or just the regular blue light?

9 Likes

The CDs I ordered during the Lalla Ward sale arrived! I ordered one more, but it went out of stock and I managed ordering before they could take it out of the store. :sob:

16 Likes

Talk about Christmas in July…

Finally got around to buying a copy of Ten Days of Christmas, first new delivery I’ve gotten since joining this forum. Not one for snapping pictures, though, sorry.

Probably get to that once I’m through The Darksmith Legacy. Might be Tennant overload…

13 Likes

That can never happen!

7 Likes

I don’t own a blu-ray player…

16 Likes