Hello, friends!

Long-time Doctor Who fan here, of all corners of the uh… well, I guess we’re calling it “The Whoniverse”, now. Not that that’s bad! It just seems a little… MCU, for my tastes. But anyways, I’m getting off track.

My name’s Irene, I’ve been a Doctor Who fan since I was, at most, nine or so years old, and I’ve just discovered this site. I’m very much enjoying Season 1/Series 14/Season 40, especially Ncuti’s take on The Doctor. Such phenomenal performances from all of the cast, set in such incredible stories, with such sensational scripts. I’m really enjoying the socio-political commentary this season, and like that both Russel T. Davies and Steven Moffat aren’t pulling any punches. I am sad to see Moffat leave with Joy to the World this winter, but we’ll get there when we get there. The only thing that matters is the here and The Now.

Anyways! I’d like to be verified, please! I’m not entirely sure why this is important to get, but I might as well.

Thank you for reading my introduction, and here’s to a fun viewing experience as the Empire of Death approaches….

18 Likes

Welcome to the site, and you’ve been verified! Which I’m sure is important for something. And it’s a badge, and badges are always fun to earn anyways!

:k9:

4 Likes

Welcome!

I’m also sad that Moffat might not be writing any more episodes after Joy to the World which is his 50th story, however I also know that like The Doctor, Moffat lies and he may be back in the future if he comes up with a new idea.

I am also excited to get fresh new perspectives from new writers in the future. I hope we get more women writers and more people of colour writing, it needs some more diversity behind the camera as well as in front.

Being verified on here means there are some extra things you can do, like submit quotes to the database, and soon you’ll also be able to directly submit changes to the site! :tada:

7 Likes

A big welcome to you.
I hope you enjoy your stay.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Irene - great to have you here and I look forward to chatting Who with you.

3 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the site and forum.

We have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club. They’re good places to jump into and give your spicy opinions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there is anything you want to know about in the site or forum, feel free to ask, and we will point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forums!!!

3 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around!

3 Likes

Welcome indeed! Like you, I enjoy the socio-political edge that this season has shown. To me, it harks right back to the socio-political awareness of the marvellous Malcolm Hulke back in the days of Pertwee. It constantly baffles me how some seem to think that Doctor Who has suddenly become preachy. The show has always espoused progressive values and campaigned for the environment. Sometimes more overtly and sometimes less, but there’s always been a common thread. Long may it continue!

But who knows? After all, he denied that he was coming back at all for quite some time. I mean this in the nicest possible way but, the man lies! I believe that, if an idea comes to him, if the urge strikes, he may well write for DW again. For some people DW is just in their blood. In their DNA. Looking forward to his Christmas Special. Beyond that? We shall see.

6 Likes