Favourite Queer Characters

Before the modern series, the Doctor’s apparent disinterest in affairs of the heart was always cited as one of the things lots of fans liked about him - it made him very different from lots of other ‘heroes’ in fiction.

The modern series has leant more into ‘romantic’ Doctors but I do think that was needed to make the show chime with modern audiences. With society, slowly (very slowly) moving on I think that’s starting to be reflected more in the Doctor and their companions whilst never quite losing the aromantic, ace elements from long ago.

14 Likes

Without spoiling too much, have you heard anything about The Ninth Doctor Adventures: Star-Crossed?

I think the first and last episodes would be very relevant to your interests, they explore how the Ninth Doctor is asexual and aromantic!

13 Likes

Definitely Bill and the doctor themself haha, outside of the main show tho, i love all the eda companions! The Blue Angel in particular has many queer characters including fitz who is bi if i remember correctly!

16 Likes

Wow, thank you for a fantastic (:wink:) recommendation! I’ll definently listen to that after I’m finished with “A death in the family”

5 Likes

Scorpia my love :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

8 Likes

Somebody had to post this:
(From Rogue)

8 Likes

Look, Steven Moffat wrote it so I have to do a lot of gymnastics to justify it, but Jenny/Vastra feels like the most pan4pan but also kink lifestyle relationship in the world and I appreciate that representation deeply as a fellow Freaky Relationship Enjoyer. - Spoilered, cw kink mention

Did anyone see The Umbrella Academy?

I love Klaus.

Might be about to date this but Maxxie from Skins was v influential on me also.

6 Likes

I enjoy Klaus as a character. His arc with Dave is heartbreaking.

The way they handle Vanya/Viktor was well done at the beginning of Series 3.

6 Likes

1 Like