Doctor Who - Ruby Red by Georgia Cook

IMG_1325

Let’s discuss the first stand-alone novel starring The Fifteen Doctor and Ruby Sunday.

You don’t have to finish the book before you write. Please use the spoiler tag.

Just for fun please rate it when you are done.

0 voters
3 Likes

Oh read by Millie Gibson? That makes me inclined to go for the audiobook :grin:

4 Likes

I read the first two chapters on my way to work.

It feels too early to say anything about the story but the book has grabbed my interest and I am looking forward to continuing reading. I think that they have captured the personalities of the main characters in a good way. It has also hade some good laughs. And Mavity is here!

4 Likes

I was really looking forward to this release but it seems like Amazon in the US isn’t selling physical copies for this book or any of the other 15th doctor books set to release. All there is are the kindle and audiobook releases which sucks.

5 Likes

That sucks. I hope that you can find it in some form that you can read.

1 Like

Us US whovians seem to always get the short end of the stick (Don’t even get me started on shipping prices for Big Finish CDs :smiling_face_with_tear:)

3 Likes

So she is’nt only a big finish writer anymore!

Maybe one day we will see her work on the actual show!

8 Likes

I have switched to digital for books. It makes it so much easier to get hold of this kind of stuff.

5 Likes

I’m also considering getting the audiobook for a change :grin:

3 Likes

I’m now having to decide if I resist the peer pressure of TARDIS Guide which is trying to convince me to listen to the audiobook of this which arrives on Spotify Premium on June 27th.

I have too much else to read people!

10 Likes

(Speaks in a whispery, convincing voice):

"I am your Master, and you will obey me! Now, you will listen to the new audio book as soon as you get your hands on it!

10 Likes

Literally I had the exact thought this morning!

5 Likes

This site is not a good thing for our wallets

11 Likes

I’m already itchy that I know things will get added that I don’t own so won’t be able to tick off!

7 Likes

I’m in the middle of a move unfortunately so I’ll be to busy to read/listen for a while

3 Likes

Just delivered! Excited to start! :tardis:

9 Likes

Excited to hear what you think!

4 Likes

So the hardback/audiobook/kindle release today in the UK. Looking at USA Amazon, I’m only finding the Kindle released today and the eAudiobook releasing on the 27th. Does anybody know if there’s a physical book release in the US?

2 Likes

@Trench16 had the same problem. Don’t know if he found a solution.

3 Likes

I am eight chapters in and I really like this book.

I think that it is a fun read with interesting characters. I always like when the Doctor has to team up with the bad guys to face a bigger threat. I also like the complexity of Ran. I think she is a fun character and I am already a bit sad that we probably won’t see her again after this book.

4 Likes