Big Finish - Small news and updates

It would be super exciting if we got the return of the monthly range, but with War, Fugitive, 9th, 10th, 13th, 14th and 15th.

And of course we’ve got the 11 and 12 recasts, but I’m not sure how well they’ll do. I’m definitely more of a fan of having the original actors involved.

It’ll feel great to look at the schedule and see loads of new Who stuff!

5 Likes

I remember it being every two months in the announcement I’ll check with the wayback machine

Announcement doesn’t refrence the release schedule, but I assume if it were monthly they’d have made a big dealm

Earliest archive of the release pages has it being bi-monthly, but thats from 2025 which if you’re right would be after they had the 9DAs on the schedule. 2. Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor Adventures: 1.02 (Title TBA) - Doctor Who - The Thirteenth Doctor Adventures - Big Finish

6 Likes

If we truly get a modern Main Range, I kind of hope that it’s more frequent than monthly, especially if some Doctors that currently have boxsets get it as a replacement. If they keep the separate 13 and 9 etc ranges and then additionally to that there’s a ‘main range’ with random 1-hour modern Doctor adventures where they can do some odd stuff like locum Doctors trilogy or virus arc then I’d love that. But the classic Main Range stories are almost twice the length of a modern Who story, I think spread out in that same way there’ll be a lot more difficulty handling long term developments. Also, most of the Main Range was only three Doctors. Fugitive, War, 9, 10, 11, 12 AND 13 is 7 Doctors. I think alternating with two is the only way they’re getting even a slightly even spread.

9 Likes

Let’s say they made a 10 and rose bi monthly series like 9 n 13 this would mean if they alternate it with 9das it would be a rose story every month till the 9das finishes I just don’t think Billie piper’s schedule will allow the recording time

5 Likes

I would love to be proven wrong tho

ATM I’m putting all my eggs in 10th doctor and heather mcrimmon adaptations it’s not gonna happen but I’m choosing delusional today

8 Likes

I could see them jus doing 14th doctor adventures instead of 10th tbh scary times

3 Likes

I know they said ‘new’ news but still… Gallifrey… a girl can dream that any news of it at all will happen…

12 Likes

Actually I’m placing my actual bets on summut

Lost stories series 10 10th doctor unmade stories brought back to life

4 Likes

I think that it will be something smaller, and we are all going to be disappointed. Dalek vs Rutans or something like that…

7 Likes

The news is that Doccy Who is now going to be audio only. The reboot after the Disney Debacle will be a BBC Sounds exclusive premiere.

8 Likes

The War Between the Jackie Tyler and the Francine Jones?

8 Likes

It’s definitely going to be some generic whatever that we all go ‘oh. ok’ about lmao

You watch, it won’t even be Dr Who news :laughing:

8 Likes

More Jackie is always a good thing!!!

6 Likes

DONT TEMPT ME WITH a GOOD TIME :joy:

5 Likes

Remember MGannuary? What a time to be alive & a fan of the 8th Doctor that was :joy:

18 Likes

Last week I predicted we’d get news on the next 4DA release, or episode two of Rutans vs Sontarans or Dark Gallifrey five, and none of those happened, so my predictions for this week stay the same

9 Likes

I think that would be one of the worst things BF could announce, there are too many Doctors. I think the most optimal thing would be to choose 2 to 4 Doctors and make a Main Range of them

7 Likes

I hear you, but I really like this idea:

6 Likes

I’m honestly hoping for 14DAs, it means we can get some Tennant audios without worrying as much about villain restrictions and continuity saving mind wipes

8 Likes

Dear god BF - it’s half past one. Just announce it already!

11 Likes