Best Monthly Range Trilogy?

Well if we have a thread for the worst, why not have one for the best?

Here’s my pick.

9 Likes

Omega, Davros and Master

8 Likes

This one but only because Protect and Survive is in it

9 Likes

Good shout. Protect and Survive is extremely good and whilst I wasn’t that fussed by Black and White I really liked Gods and Monsters.

6 Likes

The Klein trilogy is really good (MR #130-132), as is the final Six/Charley trilogy (MR #124-126). Patient Zero is excellent and Paper Cuts brought back the Draconians.

6 Likes

I’m actually the other way around.

I think Black and White is an underrated gem and Gods and Monsters to just be overwhelmingly fine.

5 Likes

Protect and Survive: 10/10
Black and White: 9/10
Gods and Monsters: 8/10

Honestly my 2 biggest complaints for this trilogy are that it’s not bold enough (for example: kill off the white tardis, leave in the black tardis, and imply that the tardis from that point on is an identical, but technically different machine), and that for a finale to an arc that had 10 years worth of setup, this should be all payoff. You really shouldn’t need to introduce even more new plot points that happened offscreen. Those should have happened in previous stories, but that’s not really any of these stories’ faults.

6 Likes

The Klein & Will trilogy, the Two Masters trilogy, and the 1963 trilogy are all up there for me

6 Likes

Seconding the 1963 trilogy, that was truly brilliant

6 Likes

Klein’s Trilogy with 7

5 Likes

Another good shout!

3 Likes

I haven’t listened to this one yet, almost up to it in the hex arc but gods and monster’s cover annoys me so much because it doesn’t continue the black-and-white vibe of the other two in the trilogy

5 Likes