Best Doctor Speeches

I also love the end of Time of Angels. The whole “Do you trust me?” and then “There’s one thing thing you never, ever put in trap…”.

Plus the “indomitable” speech from Tom in Ark in Space is a good one.

9 Likes

Also, Colin gets a lot of good ones in Big Finish. The “life wins” from Apocalypse Element and “teaching the Daleks” from Patient Zero are highlights for me.

7 Likes

I don’t know if that counts, but I really like the speech from Oxygen, with the part that is like: We are fighting an algorithm, a spreadsheet. and so on. (But that might just be me having heard it too often and read it to often when I was rewatching and rewatching the episode for my term paper a while ago)

11 Likes

Seven’s “machines of death” speech from Battlefield (of course I had to mention Battlefield).

“We try again and we win” from Eve of the Daleks.

“That’s what defines a species” from Thin Ice.

10 Likes

Hmm, Doctor Speeches is a fun topic! I will say there are some great examples already here, be it the Big Bang/Arkhaten Speech for 11, being the Massacre for 1, being the Time Monster one for 3, being the Trial one for 6 and so on. (And of course a lot of others from 12 and 11, man Moffats Doctor probably have the highest count of televised speeches that are remembered, eh?)
Since a lot of the great ones were already mentioned, let me mention some I haven’t seen here, for one I think the speech that 1 gives in the Savages is superb and shows how far they came from the beginning. 2 trying to show the Timelords what he has done and being proud of it from the War Games. And the speech about adventure from 8 in Storm Warning are a few wonderful ones that come to mind!

8 Likes