Hello again!! I’m back from long absence to promote the second issue of Refracted Lives, a Benny fanzine that I’m organizing!
Key Visual by me!
It’s the fall of 3598. The University of Vremnya is looking to expand its collection of resources for a course on the life of one Bernice Summerfield, famous archaeologist-adventurer and alumni of its Archaeology department…
Refracted Lives: Veritas Ante Omnia (The truth above all) is a Bernice Summerfield fanzine celebrating Bernice Summerfield and her involvement in academia throughout the Dellah / Collection era. Our interest check will go live on October 13th, please follow our social media for future updates!
︎ Info / Guidelines: BSZINE_vol2_InfoGuidelines - Google Docs
Tumblr | X | Bluesky | Instagram
14 Likes
Not a creator but very much loved the first one so excited for this
6 Likes
Thank you so much!!! I’m also excited to work on this more because I feel like I really landed on a limiting but really interesting theme for this issue, I can’t wait to see what ideas people eventually come up with!!
6 Likes
Oh how exciting! I also loved the first one even though I wasn’t as familiar with Benny then, but now I’ve fallen deep into the Benny rabbithole I’d love to throw my hat into the ring as a contributor this time round! Either way, definitely excited for this :)
6 Likes
Thank you!!! Contributor applications will open in early November and ill update the post here when that happens!!! (Actually I’ll update this post with the same frequency as we update the other social medias, so keep an eye out for those!!
)
6 Likes
Showing you guys our social media icon and the full key art lol… I’m really proud of these!
7 Likes
‘The King’s balls get bigger every year!’
︎
The interest check for Refracted Lives: Veritas Ante Omnia, is now open until October 31! Please make sure to fill it out; it would be of great help!
︎ Interest Check: Refracted Lives Interest Check
6 Likes
Due to a planning error, the background of the zine was mistakenly written on the guideline doc and the promo posts as having taken place in 2598 instead of 3598 (~1000 years after the opening of the Braxiatel Collection). We apologize for any confusion that we may have caused…
2 Likes
Ahhh I forgot to post here!! A HUGE thank you to everyone who filled out the interest check so far!!! We have one day left until our interest check closes and I’ve drawn a rocky horror themed halloween illustration (ft. the cast from Where Angels Fear), so please fill it in if you haven’t already!!
︎ Interest Check: Refracted Lives Interest Check
4 Likes
'It’s just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
Put your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight…
Let’s do the Time Warp again!’

Happy Halloween! Our interest check is now closed; thank you all for your enthusiastic responses! We will release the results and open Contributor Applications soon, please look forward to that!
4 Likes
‘My whole life’s in words,’ she said. 'It’s all in some book, some reference section. You only have to look.’
︎
Contributor applications for Refracted Lives: Veritas Ante Omnia, a Bernice Summerfield zine, are now OPEN! We are looking for artists and writers. Find our links below:
︎ Artist Application: Refracted Lives Vol.2 ⬩ Artist Application
︎ Writer Application: Refracted Lives Vol.2 ⬩ Writer Application
︎ Info / Guidelines: BSZINE_vol2_InfoGuidelines - Google Docs
2 Likes
Now that we have two weeks left of applications, it’s time to introduce our mods!
Head mod · Ivqks159 ✦ Support mod · Liria ✦ Writing mod · Holleh
Applications are still open!
1 Like
Due to Mod Ivq being stuck in finals hell… (
) we are extending our application by two weeks! The new application deadline is December 21st. If you are still torn about whether to apply or not, you now have a little longer to decide… (but we still hope to receive your application anyway!!)
We will be announcing our guest artists over the next week!
︎ Artist Application: Refracted Lives Vol.2 ⬩ Artist Application
︎ Writer Application: Refracted Lives Vol.2 ⬩ Writer Application
︎ Info / Guidelines: https://tinyurl.com/bennyzine2info
2 Likes
:
: Contributor Spotlight: Penreve
Introducing the first of our visiting scholars, we have Penreve!
5 Likes
Contributor Spotlight: Jaimi
Introducing our second visiting scholar, Jaimi!
3 Likes
Contributor Spotlight: Nico
Introducing Nico, our third visiting Scholar!
2 Likes
Contributor Spotlight: Vastro72
Last but definitely not the least, we have Vastro72, our final visiting scholar!
3 Likes
(Thanks to Liria for taking over the announcements while I was doing my finals, but) That’s it for contributor applications! A huge thank you to everyone who applied. We will be making another social media announcement when we send out the results in a week!
Benny cosplay by Grace! (chaos_cosplay2019 on IG)
2 Likes
From the Refracted Lives team, happy (late) birthday to the great Jason Kane! … Oh, and Merry Christmas!
2 Likes
Contributor Spotlight: Pluto
Introducing the first of our resident scholars, we have Pluto! You can find them on tumblr as house-of-introverts!
3 Likes